TAQNIA ENERGY’S ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
TE is committed to continual environmental improvement through the prevention of pollution as well as complying with all legal and other requirements to which it subscribes. As such, TE operates an environmental management system meeting the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 TE is environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our operations may potentially have on the environment. The clear objective of TE is to minimise any impact on the environment by:
Preventing pollution, reducing waste and ensuring wherever practical measures are implemented to protect and preserve natural habitats, flora and fauna;
- Considering the effects that our operations may have on the local community;
- Taking action to eliminate or reduce as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts;
- Promote environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and partners by implementation of operational procedures;
- Seek to work in partnership with the community by behaving in a considerate and socially responsible manner;
- Ensure effective and expedient incident control, investigation and reporting.
- Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day to- day supervision of all work.
All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own works, so far as is reasonably practicable, are carried out without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
TE will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards and risks to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy.
The CEO have overall responsibility for all Environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company’s activities.